Monday, October 21, 2013

When is Enough, Enough?


I grew up playing Monopoly with my family of 11 siblings & parents. 

During the wintertime, some of us played this game in the afternoon & early evenings.  Every one of us had the desire to win the game by having more cash, property deeds with houses & hotels than anyone else.  Whoever won the game had the title of being the Monopoly winner until next time it was played. 

During that fantasy time, in a dream like -childhood concept, winning & having everything you every wanted-wow!  Tic-Tock-Tic-Tock-time has flown by & I am 50 years plus.  Now I ask the question again in my life-when is enough enough?

  We have many things the Monopoly game has to offer, such as cars, boats, dogs, wheel barrels, house, irons, etc.

 So, I am wondering when you say you have enough.  Consider this:


Do an inventory on your stuff & “monopoly goods.”

Share the list with your loved ones & have them help you complete the list. 

Gather together and discuss what you might want to keep & sell, or throw or give away. 

Ask the question “are my needs & wants met?”

Simplify your life.  It may open the doors to grow with less … but more energy & time to do something other than “collect stuff?”

Now…. Tell me how you have said enough is enough. Share your story here….  

image  
License
Attribution Some rights reserved by therichbrooks

No comments:

Post a Comment